Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Horizons Robo-Kitty


I really miss Epcot's Horizons attraction. Horizons was a dark ride that opened in 1983 and closed on and off between 1994 and 1999. Horizons was eventually torn down to make room for the thrilling Mission: Space that opened in 2003.

Horizons entertained visitors with a fantastic look at what the future could have looked like.

I must admit that I did think Horizons seemed outdated on my last ride. However, it was very imaginative, and was just massive in scale. I think an upgrade would have been nicer than tearing the whole thing down. They could have put Mission: Space elsewhere in the park.

Horizons had a large Audio Animatronics cast of characters. When I saw the Sealab 2021 show on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim years ago, my mind thought of Horizons, and its vision of the future.

Brainstorm: Disney, make a Horizons animated series!!! It would have to be a comedy.

I believe this animatronic cat was endlessly watching a jumping animatronic fish. This was a very minor background show scene, and I'm sure most people didn't even notice it. I did, though!

4 comments:

  1. Robo-kitty! I want that Audio-animatronic cat! Or the all white cat from Horizon's 1920's Deco scene (the one drinking the spilled milk.) Or the siamese cat from the Carousel of Progress' 1960's scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TokyoMagic!: Ha! I would give them a home, too. Maybe Disney sold the Horizons cats on Ebay already, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved that Bobcat. Nice history lesson as well, I had no clue about him or the pigs! Oh.. and I too love riding on Thunder Mountain at night!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Darrin! I'm here to educate people about important things like how many animatronic pigs are featured in Big Thunder Mountain.:-)

    Big Thunder Mt. at night is incredible. I didn't get to ride Florida's version at night on my last visit---are there shadows of dancers in the saloon?

    ReplyDelete