Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Monday, May 10, 2010

311 In Concert

Last year (May 1, 2009, to be exact) I was lucky enough to see 311, one of my favorite bands, live in concert.  They were playing at a local event called the Schaeffer Eye Center Crawfish Boil.  No, I did not eat any of the "mud bugs" sold there, but I did have a blast seeing 311, one of the many groups that performed during the two-day event.

The Nebraska-based 311 got started in the early 1990s.  In 1995, their "311" record with the popular song, "All Mixed Up" became a big hit.

"Don't Tread on Me" from the 2005 album of the same name is one of my favorites (I also love "Speak Easy" from this same record).



311's sound is very unique.  Their music can be calming and soothing, and also very intense, exciting and vibrant.

311's lead singer is Nick Hexum.  For the Crawfish Boil, he had a spiky blond Mohawk.

Doug "SA" Martinez also provides vocals, and is a very energetic performer, constantly moving about the stage.

Tim Mahoney is on guitar, Chad Sexton plays the drums, and Aaron "P-Nut" Wills plays the bass guitar.  They all clearly enjoy what they are doing.

The decal and picture of the band shown here are from 311's great 2009 album, "Uplifter."

I listen to music all the time these days, and I often check out Internet-based radio stations.  I frequently visit Pandora Radio, and there I have set up a 311 Radio station.  Pandora selects songs that it thinks you may like based on your music preferences.  This has expanded my horizons quite a bit (here I found a great song called "Your Face" by Pepper).

No comments:

Post a Comment