Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Monday, October 4, 2010

Halloween Peeps!


When most people think of Marshmallow Peeps, they think of Easter. But the good folks at the Peeps factory (Just Born, Inc.) decided years ago that they'd expand their horizons and have Peeps for all seasons. At Halloween, you can find Peeps Pumpkins (in Original, Sugar-Free, Dark Chocolate Covered, and Milk Chocolate Covered), Peeps Ghosts (these used to be available in a vanilla creme flavor, but these days they are the original marshmallow flavor), and Chocolate Mousse flavored Cats.



Here are Bean Bag toy versions of the Peeps Cat and Ghost, which are from 2005. I bet a Pumpkin was available, too.

I saw the Peeps (candy) marshmallow Ghosts for sale at the grocery store this weekend. I have never seen the elusive Chocolate Mousse Cats. I must find these this year!

I think the branding of every marshmallow design as "Peeps" seems like a fairly recent thing. I remember when the marshmallow bunnies were "Bunnies" and the marshmallow chicks were "Peeps." I guess the name "Peeps" was more memorable.

I tend to favor the flavored Peeps. At Valentines, you can find tasty Vanilla Creme and Strawberry Creme flavored hearts. At Christmas, there's a Sugar Cookie flavored Gingerbread Man that I think is the bee's knees. I tend not to buy these out of fear of eating the entire package in one sitting (but hey, they are fat free!).

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I didn't know these came chocolate covered! Now I'll have to look for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TokyoMagic!: I've only seen the chocolate covered Easter Peeps in person (I'm on the lookout for the Halloween ones). I'm guessing these are not fat free. :-)

    ReplyDelete