Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mickey Mouse And AMC's Mad Men


I started watching the TV series "Mad Men" on the AMC channel during its most recent season and it quickly became, as old folks say, "one of my stories." I was hooked, and "Mad Men" became must-see viewing for me. Much to my surprise, Mickey Mouse made a cameo in a later episode as a stuffed toy. The show is set in the 1960s, but I think the toy was actually from the 1980s (not a big deal, and I'm sure I was probably one of the few people to notice). In the season finale, main character Don Draper (Jon Hamm) took his kids to Disneyland (off-screen, though we did get to see a park map).

In the years between 2001 an 2005, the Disney Catalog and Disney Store online featured some fantastic retro Mickey Mouse merchandise. The artists responsible for these items were uncredited, unfortunately.

Mickey Mouse looks like he could easily fit in at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce. I believe these desk set accessories were available in 2001.




Mickey has some cool threads here.



The tape dispenser reminds me a bit of Marlon Brando.

Mickey and his friends can drive to the ad agency in some stylin' cars.



Mickey knows how to throw a swinging sixties party at his house.



I love driving through neighborhoods filled with "modern" houses from the 1960s.



Serve up some pigs in a blanket, tuna casserole, meat loaf and Jell-O to your guests!


Now you can have your own 1960s Disney character neighborhood in your own home.



It's pretty cool that they made a "collectible village" with a practical use.

For some great retro fun, be sure to check out Dad's Dish Retro Blog.

2 comments:

  1. I like the design/style of these items. I would sleep on those sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TokyoMagic!: I wanted all these items, but I don't own any of them. Yes, I think the character designs are top notch here!

    ReplyDelete